The Code of Conduct is administered by the Township’s Integrity Commissioner. The Integrity Commissioner is an independent accountability officer given authority under the Municipal Act. It is the role of the Integrity Commissioner to:
- apply the Code of Conduct for members of Council;
- apply any procedures, rules and policies of the municipality governing ethical behaviour of members of Council;
- apply sections of the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act to members of Council;
- conduct inquiries about whether a member of Council has contravened the Code of Conduct or the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act;
- provide advice to members of Council respecting their obligations under the Code of Conduct and Municipal Conflict of Interest Act
An Integrity Commissioner has the power to conduct an inquiry in respect of a request made by Council, a member of Council or a member of the public about whether a member of Council or a local board has contravened the applicable Code of Conduct.